Saturday, May 12, 2012

Upsizing

I'm on the move.

For a few years now I have had difficulty negotiating the boxes in my study to get to my desk, filing cabinet and shelves hence I have lots of filing to do and my study is a big mess. I had taken to doing my genealogy "work: on the kitchen table and that had become quite cluttered. The space situation hasn't been helped as my study doubles as the babies' room with a cot and change table.  Sometime last year Mr Geniaus suggested that we move the twin beds out of our 3rd bedroom and put them in my small study (Bed 3 is only used by the Grandkids when they sleep over) and that the cot, change table and I move into the larger room. I didn't say no.

Yesterday Mr Geniaus had finished painting the new shelves he bought for me on eBay so the big move was on. Already I have emptied a couple of boxes and sorted through some papers. The folders that I organised and labelled last year are all arranged on the new shelves and  my genealogy books have been moved off our regular shelves and are in my new study with me.

I was concerned that our wireless internet wouldn't reach my new digs which are at the end of the house but thankfully I have a reasonable signal. I cannot get over how much space I have even though I am surrounded by cartons of photos and travel trivia that will take me ages to sort. After the weekend and the Hoo-Haa of Mother's Day we'll bring in another large shelf which will hopefully house all the photo albums.

Thanks to Mr Geniaus for organising my genealogy cave. I love it.  I was feeling guilty that I have so much space and he has a compact study but it just struck me that he has his big green shed plus storage under the house for all his toys.

I just hope the Grandkids enjoy their cosy new room when they stay over next week.

2 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Great move Jill! I love the idea of upsizing instead of downsizing...very rewarding. I reckon you can tell the grandkids it's a cubbyhouse and they'll be thrilled. I know exactly what you mean about spare beds, cots etc etc.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations on your new space!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...