Friday, May 18, 2012

Mary Curry (nee Tierney) 1887-1977

When I looked at the date today some random memories came to me of a small white-haired elderly lady. 

She used  to sing Irish songs and Catholic hymns with me, make sure that I knelt beside my bed to say my prayers, bought me many bags of caramel sweets and fed me egg-flips, corned beef and mashed potato and roast dinners. She grew up in Dungog, NSW and was living in Canowindra when she hooked up with my grandfather Thomas William Curry. I wonder why she moved from one small country town to another in the early 1900s but I guess I will never know.

My Nanna, Mary Curry (nee Tierney), would have been 125 today.

Mary Tierney c 1888
Mary Tierney 1973

2 comments:

Shelley Crawford said...

What lovely pictures to have. You never know, maybe one day you will find something that explains the move.

Anonymous said...

Happy 125th Birthday Mary Tierney. Corned beef & mash, roast dinners and caramels... yum

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...