Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Blogger Bling coming to Brisbane

Travelling in my luggage to the Unlock the Past Queensland Expo will be my Blogger Bling.
I hope to meet many Geneabloggers from Queensland during my time at the Expo. So that it is easy to recognise other Geneabloggers in the crowd I will have a supply of blogger beads for them to wear. Is common at overseas conferences for bloggers or members of other groups to wear some identifying paraphernalia so that they are easily recognisable. At the recent Congress in Adelaide a small but enthusiastic group of Geneabloggers stood out in their beautiful beads from New Orleans.

Geneabloggers at Congress 2012 -  Adelaide

A number of the Geneabloggers who were in Adelaide will be at the Brisbane event. I hope they remember you bring their beads along. If you are a blogger attending the exhibition please seek me out so that I can festoon your person with some Blogger Bling. Hopefully we can organise a Geneabloggers or Social Media Mob photo sometime during the Expo. 

Star attraction of the event Audrey Collins from England loves her Geneabadges and Geneabling - I do hope she remembers to bring some downunder.





13 comments:

Fi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fi said...

I'll try again! I love this picture as every single person in it looks as if they are about to collapse in a fit of giggles.

GeniAus said...

Fi, It was more difficult for them to stand still than it is for
a group of schoolkids.

Helen V Smith said...

There was a comment about 'herding cats'!

Tanya Honey said...

Would you like to meet a couple of bloggers from Northern NSW? We'll only be there on the Tuesday, but will try to find you to say hi.

I love that photo too. :)

GeniAus said...

@Tanya - Look forward to meeting you. Coming from the North Coast you should be ready to wear beads!

Sharon said...

I'm at little (really a lot) jealous. I'll be at work!

Alona Tester said...

oooh thanks for the reminder about the blogger beads. In the busyness of packing up "everything" (ie. Gould Genealogy & Unlock the Past) to take to Brissy I may well have forgotten. See you in a few weeks ... ;)

Alona Tester said...

as for THAT photo (and what a great photo it is, thankyou Mr Genuais) - it was a challenge to get everyone together for 2 minutes - but I'm glad we did

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Ooh I'm with Sharon, not only missing out on the event but also blogger beads and all those happy bloggers I could meet in person. Jealousy as they say, is a curse!

Alex Daw said...

Oh it would be lovely to meet you in person...I'm not sure when I can make it - I've bought a 3-day pass but will be working during the day. So hope to see you Monday night.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

A case of be careful what you wish for. Looks like I'll be in Brisbane but may not have time to time to visit Expo or else only for a brief time (family commitment).

GeniAus said...

@Pauleen Hope it's not a sad commitment. Wish there was some way we could meet up but, if not, it is something to look forward to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...