Monday, September 5, 2011

A new header image for the Geniaus blog

I didn't really mean to delete the family picture that has been the header image for my blog for a couple of years but I did. Once the deed had been done I went on the hunt for a new image.

The first I found was a candid picture taken on my last birthday with the 8 grandchildren. Unfortunately the picture was too deep for a header. Although I love the grandchildren I couldn't give up valuable real estate on each blog post to this picture. Trying to get eight wrigglers (five of whom are 4 and under) to sit still and look at the camera is a challenge so the picture doesn't show the kids in their best light.


Inanimate objects, on the other hand, don't wriggle and jiggle when being photographed. As images of  trees seem to be relevant to genealogy I had a look through the host of photos I have taken of the greenery around our property.

The snap I chose, taken from our front verandah, shows some of the foliage on the shrubs and trees here in semi-rural Sydney. It was a simple matter to take that picture and crop and size it to the desired width and height. So although it might look like some random picture of  trees the new image on my blog header is rather relevant as it is from our family home of nearly 20 years.

3 comments:

Judy Webster said...

I absolutely love your new image. I have something similar (bushland on our family property) as the background for Jottings Journeys and Genealogy. One of these days I will get around to changing that background image to make a header.

Greta Koehl said...

I love the picture of you with your grandchildren - even more than a posed picture, I think, because they look so natural and perhaps a bit of their personalities come through. Good-looking bunch!

GeniAus said...

Judy, I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful location.

Greta, I think the kids are gorgeous and I'm not biased at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...