Friday, September 16, 2011

Bound for South Australia

I am a Genealogy Junkie. I've got it bad. I spend every spare moment and more engaged in genealogy activities.


I thought Mr Geniaus would cringe when, yesterday, I broached a trip to South Australia in March next year less than two weeks after we return form a visit to the US for the Rootstech Conference. He asked would "we" fly or drive I said drive, then I agreed that we could drive home via Broken Hill and the deal was done. 


A number of my Australian GeniMates have indicated that they are going to The 13th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry in Adelaide in March 2012 and recommend it as the premier event on the Australian Genealogy Calendar.  Unfortunately I cannot link to the Conference site as the rules on their fromt page state "Other sites may only link to the site with the Society's prior written permission. " I'm not writing for permission to make a harmless link.


Although there are only 66 presentations over the 4 days of the conference a perusal of the program indicates that I will find many topics to suit my appetite. I look forward to hearing from the overseas speakers, especially those from the lands of my ancestors in the UK like Roger Kershaw from The National Archives. I cannot pass up the opportunity of seeing so many eminent speakers in one location.


I hope to meet many Australian genealogists at the Congress. Are you Bound for South Australia?

7 comments:

jennyalogy said...

I'll be there, Jill

Jennifer Jones said...

I'm definitely bound foor South Australia. Wouldn't miss it. Y

Judy Webster said...

Me too. With the exception of Melbourne, which was too expensive, I've been to every Australasian Congress since 1986. I'd say my favourites *overall* (taking into account speakers, venue etc) were Christchurch 1997, Darwin 2006 and Auckland 2009. Adelaide has a lot to live up to - and we'll miss Michael Gandy and Sherry Irvine. ;-)

Rosemary said...

Sigh, I'll be in Sydney with my sister and can't get to Adelaide.

Rosemary in Tulsa

Joan Miller (Luxegen) said...

Here is my contribution to the meme. Thanks for a fun one.

Kylie Willison said...

I'll be at the Congress seeing as how it's in my home town!!

Kylie :-)

Damian De Virgilio said...

Adelaide was a major destination for many immigrants from Molfetta, Italy, during the 20th century. I wonder if any distant cousins will be in attendance. I wish I could make the trip from the US.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...