Sunday, May 7, 2017

DNA Blogs

As I try to get serious about DNA I realise that, as well as keeping up with news that is shared via social media channels, I must read more in-depth articles.

I find a lot of helpful tidbits and interesting conversations in the few DNA groups I have joined on Facebook.I can read monographs and journals but I want to keep up with the latest findings. The best place to find more current detailed information and opinions are in the blogs written by leading genetic genealogists.

A search on the ISOGG wiki (another beaut resource) returns a long list of genetic genealogy blogs but which should a DNA beginner from downunder follow?

I have created a DNA folder in my RSS reader Inoreader. Listed in the image below are the blogs I am currently following.


Do you see any glaring omissions?

8 comments:

Kerryn Taylor said...

I'm also following many of those DNA blogs Jill. This area has been such a learning curve for me and I have been reading up so much that my brain hurts.
I also like Cate Pearce's Australian blog https://gengenaus.com/

GeniAus said...

Thanks Kerryn. It's there now.

Helen V Smith said...

Louise Coakley dies a very good blog. She is in Cairns. Judy GRudsell does a Sunday DNA post

GeniAus said...

Both are on the list.

Anne Young said...

I follow most of those. I also follow https://segmentology.org

Regards
Anne

GeniAus said...

Thanks Anne - will take a look.

Kerrie Anne Christian said...

Jill
thanks for sharing
I'm new to DNA too and am keen to learn from others - the DNA Facebook groups have been helpful
I have your blogs in my Feedly RSS reader and I often add extra blogs that you have mentioned into my Feedly RSS feeds
cheers
Kerrie Anne Christian

GeniAus said...

DNA is doing my head in KerrieAnne.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...