Sunday, May 21, 2017

101 Reasons to Attend #congress_2018

When I was in at SAG the other day I was chatting with a couple of the bods there and they indicated  (probably because they know I am a loudmouth) that I could assist in promoting the 15th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry, www.congress2018.org.au, at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Darling Harbour, Sydney next year.



I jump at any opportunity to promote genealogy downunder and my beautiful city of Sydney so I will use my blog and other social media to share my enthusiasm for Congress. I have only attended the last two Congresses in Adelaide and Canberra (real work previously got in the way) and have found them to be energizing and enriching education events. Since Thursday I have been ruminating on how I can spread the word and decided on a series of blog posts which I will share on social media (it would be helpful if you could share them too and use the hashtag #Congress_2018). I decided on 101 Reasons to Attend #congress_2018  as the header for this topic. I don't know if I'll manage 101 but  I'll give it a shot.

Over the past few years we have witnessed the rise and rise of Facebook as a communication channel for Genealogy so I  have set up a (Unofficial) Facebook Group for Genimates at #Congress_2018. The main purpose of this page will be to connect and communicate with genies who may be interested in attending or hearing about Congress. It will be a place where we can share Congress related news and ask and answer those questions no-one else has yet asked.

If you can suggest a reason to attend Congress please send me a few lines of text (and maybe a pic or two) and I will turn it into a guest post in this series.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know conferences get me excited too. One "reason to attend" is that you learn something you do not even expect to learn. I even wrote about this from the Qld conference last weekend. http://travelgenee.com/history-book/ I was so underwhelmed by the talks when I read about them before the conference yet everyone I attended was great and I learnt something from each.
It's a bit annoying that a RootsTech moved to later in the month. I am thinking I will have miss RootsTech 2018 as I can't take so much time off work. It's great congress can feed my conference needs then.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...