Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Daily Grind

Sometimes Mr GeniAus asks me what I have done during the day so I thought I'd take a leaf out of the Geneaholic's book and keep a note of my activity on Tuesday. Here's how my geneaday went.

With my mate The Geneaholic, Randy Seaver, at Rootstech 
While enjoying breakfast in bed I checked social media and emails, commented on posts and shared a few bits and pieces.

Attended to the dishwasher and washing machine and pegged out the washing.

Promoted my weekend's blog posts on social media.

Ordered a .pdf copy of a Death Certificate from the GRO.

Searched Trove for ideas for Trove Tuesday post and did a few text correcions while I was at it..

Published a Trove Tuesday post on GeniAus.

Added new book purchases to Librarything account.

Downloaded photos taken on weekend from camera and phone to hard drive. Organised and tagged them. Sorted ones taken from resources at National Library into Family History folders.

Extracted info from some of the resources gathered on the library visit.

Ordered a .pdf copy of a birth from the GRO. (That's 12GBP spent on my hobby today.)

Had a break for lunch and brought the clean washing in off the line.

Went off on a tangent doing research and discovered another branch of Mr GeniAus' family had emigrated from England to Australia. Hoping we can track down some Fielding cousins in Australia.

Had a break for two hours to prepare and eat dinner, watch the news and chat with Mr GeniAus.

Back in the geneacave I wrote and scheduled another two blog posts.

Spent half an hour on the CurryAus Surname study.

Of course I dipped in and out of social media all day.

What is a typical geneaday for you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...