Monday, December 26, 2016

Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2016

This year I actually remembered to prepare this post ahead of time as once December hits life gets very busy and genealogy takes a back seat. I will be holidaying in Hawaii with the family over Christmas so I won't be paying much attention to the dead relatives.

For the fifth consecutive year I am asking you to reflect on your geneayear, don't beat yourself up about what you haven't done but rejoice in your successes.










Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2016

I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want or answer just a few questions.


Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via email to Jillballau@gmail.com. I will, in early January, compile a list of links to your contributions here on this blog.

Remember to Accentuate the Positive 

(Please delete the items that are not relevant to your situation.)

1.  An elusive ancestor I found was

2.  A precious family photo I found was

3.  An ancestor's grave I found was

4.  An important vital record I found was

5.  A newly found family member shared

6.  A geneasurprise I received was

7.   My 2016 blog post that I was particularly proud of was

8.   I made a new genimate who

9.  A new piece of software I mastered was

10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was

11. A genealogy conference/seminar/webinar from which I learnt something new was

12. I am proud of the presentation I gave at/to

13. A journal/magazine article I had published was

14. I taught a friend how to

15. A genealogy book that taught me something new was

16. A great repository/archive/library I visited was

17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was

18. It was exciting to finally meet

19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was

20. Another positive I would like to share is ...

14 comments:

Christine Woodcock said...

Thanks for getting us started Jill

Elizabeth Handler said...

Here is my Accentuate the Positive post for 2016. Thanks for the idea!

GeniAus said...

Thanks Elizabeth.

Bribie Family History Association said...

Hi Jill
Here is the link to my post http://www.shaunahicks.com.au/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2016/
Thanks for the challenge
Shauna

Anne Young said...

Hi Jill - thanks for the encouragement to reflect on 2016 http://ayfamilyhistory.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/accentuate-positive-2016-geneameme.html
Regards
Anne

Unknown said...

Hi, Jill. Thought I would join in this time. Quite enjoyed the reflection of the year. Here is my link http://www.boonahbranches.com/lets-talk-about/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2016 Sandra

Linda Stufflebean said...

Here is my contribution to the 2016 Geneameme: http://emptybranchesonthefamilytree.com/2017/01/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2016/

Marian said...

Jill, I think I want to use your prompts for my Christmas letter to relatives. They often ask what I've learned lately when I'm talking to them, but I can't remember any landmark discoveries on the spot. This is going onto the calendar for next November -- thanks!

GeniAus said...

What a great idea , Marian.

Thanks all for your participation. I'll try to finish my submission off today and then compile a list of your responses.

crgalvin said...

Thanks for the prompt, I really need to write more often!! Here's my contribution https://earlieryears.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/accentuate-positive-2016.html

Judy Webster said...

Jill, this year I've put my response in my personal blog, Jottings, Journeys and Genealogy. Now I'm off to see what everyone else wrote!

Maggie said...

Hi Jill, always love this geneameme, and this year it's got me off my chuff and back to my blog. Here's my contribution: http://blog.iwikiwi.com/2017/01/accentuate-the-positive-2016/
Happy New Year!

Kaypilk said...

This was a great idea, Jill. Thank you! It's got me started again on my blog. Here's my summary of 2016 - https://pastlinks.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/accentuate-positive-geneameme-2016_9.html

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Thanks for this prompt Jill. It made me realise that while I had't blogged as much, at least there was much to be positive about...much appreciated.

https://cassmob.wordpress.com/2017/01/14/accentuate-the-positive-2016/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...