Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Youth at Rootstech

In his address to the Official Bloggers at their pre Rootstech dinner Familysearch CEO, Dennis Brimhall, emphasised the need to get young people interested and involved in family history. To that end the Rootstech organisers nominated Day 3 of Rootstech as a youth day.

Nearly 2,000 young people aged between 12 and 18 registered to come along to the conference on Saturday. My mate DearMyrtle was so proud to have some of her grandchildren visit, I saw a mob of youngsters in Scout uniforms wandering around and observed Paul Nauta nattering with a group of teens in the media hub. The average age of Rootstech attendees plummeted on Saturday.
Proud Grandmother DearMyrtlewith her granddaughter
I had met a young man, Eli, earlier in the week and was pleased to see that he had come along for the Saturday activities. I asked Eli and his Dad if I could conduct a video interview with Eli and I was thrilled to be able to have a quick chat with hin. You will be as impressed as I was with this confident and eloquent 13 year old genealogist. Please take a look at my interview with Eli.


4 comments:

Celia Lewis said...

Sweet, Jill! Nice interview with Eli.

Jana Iverson Last said...

This is fantastic! Great interview Jill!

It's so exciting to see young people involved in family history.

Sharon said...

Wish I could get my kids interested interested in family history!

Debi Austen said...

What a great interview - it is exciting to see young people interested in genealogy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...