Saturday, March 30, 2013

What an Opportunity

When I was offered a chance at Rootstech to interview Dennis Brimhall, Familysearch CEO, I had mixed emotions. I was thrilled to be offered this opportunity but nervous about interviewing such an important man in the world of genealogy. I had an hour or so to get ready for the interview so I pestered my fellow Official Bloggers asking them what they thought I should ask Dennis.

For most of the interviews I conducted at Rootstech I just chatted with my interviewees but this one was serious stuff so I prepared questions and saved them in Evernote on my tablet. During the interview I clutched the tablet, referred to my questions and prayed that I sounded coherent.

One of the things I asked Mr Brimhall was how we, the users of Familysearch resources, can assist the organisation. Please take a look at the video to see what he has to say.

Thank you to Paul Nauta and Rob Goates, the Rootstech PR people, for offering me the chance to interview Mr Brimhall and to Mr Brimhall for taking time out of his busy schedule to chat with me.


4 comments:

Elizabeth Lapointe said...

Hi, Jill,

What a delight to view all of the interviews you did while at RootsTech 2013! Job well done!!

You provided a glimpse of the people, and an inside track of exactly what people were thinking, and what they had to say.

I have posted about you on my blog this morning at
http://genealogycanada.blogspot.com/2013/03/jill-ball-and-dennis-brimhall-of.html


Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on RootsTech 2013!

Regards,

Elizabeth
genealogycanada@aol.com

JDR said...

Jill: Thank you for this and your other interesting interviews. It was a pleasure to meet you, and other Aussies at RootsTech.

Kylie Willison said...

Another great interview Jill, I'm really enjoying them. It is exciting to hear about the possibility of Rootstech conferences in Australia.

Alex Daw said...

What a lovely guy! I love Familysearch - such a good research wiki. Very exciting news for the future. Tks Jill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...