Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trove Tuesday - Salt Lake City


Today finds me in Salt Lake City, Utah researching in the Family History Library prior to the Rootstech Conference.

It was fitting then that my Trove Tuesday Post should centre on this city and genealogy. I put the search string "Salt Lake City" genealogy into a Trove newspaper search and was rewarded with   16 hits.

The article I have chosen to share comes from a 1947 edition of the Cairns Post: 1947 'MORMONS SEARCH WORLD FOR DATA.', Cairns Post(Qld. : 1909 - 1954), 20 December, p. 9, viewed 4 March, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article42556087.

The article states that the microfilmed records "may be examined by anyone interested" and that is what I am doing today sixty-six years after this article appeared in the newspaper in Cairns, Australia.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...