Sunday, March 25, 2012

Walking Directions on Google Maps - Conference Goers' Resource

Tomorrow I arrive in Adelaide in plenty of time for The 13th Australasian Congress on Genealogy & Heraldry 2012. My bags are packed, hotel bookings are made and I have a list of people I hope to meet.


I booked a hotel that I thought was near The Adelaide Convention Centre, site of the Conference but just thought I'd confirm the locations on Google Maps. It's a while since I visited The City of Churches and I just wanted to get my bearings prior to arriving. 


What I had failed to notice in all the times I have used Google Maps is that, as well as giving driving directions, it provides walking directions (although this appears to be in Beta). Seems as though I have chosen well. It should take me just 4 minutes to walk the 340 metres from my hotel to the Convention Centre. Google Maps also gives directions for Public Transit - how could I have missed this?


This is a tool I will be using before I book accommodation for other genealogy conferences I may attend. It could save some long walks in foreign cities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...