Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blogger Bling - Geneabloggers - Are you Ready?


I estimate that there are around 20 Australian Geneabloggers attending Congress in Adelaide this week. Traditionally at overseas genealogy conferences Geneabloggers wear beads so that they can recognise each other and to arouse the curiosity of others who may not understand the value of blogging about genealogy.

On my recent overseas trip I picked up several dozen strings of blogger bling in New Orleans just after Mardi Gras.  I'll be carrying the booty in my little conference bag - please seek me out, identify yourself as a geneablogger and you can select some beads. Just look out for the little old granny with the big gold beads.

Let's use Congress to share the good news about Genealogy Blogging.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I really am wondering if I am silly enough to go and buy myself some cheap beads......

If I am off now, blogging at a museums conference happening just over in the next state, does it qualify? I am a genie, and our cataloguing is very much aimed towards people finding their families in local collections.....

http://cataloguingingippsland.blogspot.com.au/

But those beads do look a bit feral.

Regards to Infolass - wish you were here.

http://ypgenealogy.blogspot.com.au/

luckyllama said...

They look very much like Mardi Gras beads! So have a ball people. I could say " Wish I was there ", but being in NYC is just so exciting. Hopefully I will see you all in 3 years time

Linda said...

Yay - I found another blogger - she now has beads

http://cataloguingingippsland.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/found-blogger.html

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Glad to see you're keeping up the blogger bead tradition! That was smart of you to pick up some in New Orleans.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...