Monday, March 26, 2012

Ready and Waiting

I'm now in Adelaide, South Australia and looking forward to The Australasian Genealogy and Heraldry Conference that starts with a Welcome Function tomorrow evening. This event that is only held once every three years is the major event on the genealogy scene downunder.

The twitter hashtag for the event is #AFFHO12 . The number of tweets appearing is hotting up as genealogists descend on Adelaide. Genebrarian, Seonaid Lewis, alerted us that she has arrived from New Zealand; Helen V Smith and Shauna Hicks have announced that they are also among the earlybird arrivals. Trove has tweeted that they will be in attendance and I have heard from Find My Past Australia. Local Sponsor Gould Genealogy is also busy encouraging visitors to tweet about Congress.



I have tried to set up an RSS feed of tweets with the #AFFHO12 hashtag on this blog. Unfortunately only a few of the tweets are displaying. I am flummoxed but will keep trying.

As the Official Conference Blogger I'll be blogging about the event on the Geniaus blog as much as I can.

Please say G'day if you are at Congress. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...