Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Torrens

The Adelaide Convention Centre, site of The 13th Australasian Congress on Genealogy & Heraldry 2012 is situated  on the banks of the River Torrens.

As I was reminiscing this morning I remembered a holiday I took over Easter 1969 with two other young aspiring librarians Monica McGill and Carol Drew. Digging into my photo collection I found this photo of we three girls in a pedal boat on the Torrens. I haven't seen Monica and Carol for many years - I wonder where they are today.

(L-R) Monica McGill, Carol Drew, Jill

I must stroll down to the River this week and see if those pedal boats are still in operation.

1 comment:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

I spotted you right away. I'd recognize that lovely smile anywhere. I hope you're able to locate your friends. Perhaps social media can help?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...