Friday, April 28, 2017

GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 29 April 2017

The focus in Australia and New Zealand this week has been on remembering the commitment and sacrifice of the men and women in our armed forces. As there has been no Trans-Tasman ANZAC Day Challenge this year I have decided to make this issue a compilation of blog posts with an ANZAC Day theme.


I am including all of the posts I have read but apologise if I have missed any. Please let me know of any I may have overlooked and I will add them.



Anne's Family History: Anzac biscuits

Anne's Family History: U is for Unibic biscuit tin


Canada Bay Connections: Remembering the Fallen

Behind the Lines:  Captain Frederick Reidy Jolley

Diary of a Young Genealogist: ANZAC Day 2017 (Part One)

Diary of a Young Genealogist: Anzac Day 2017 (Part 2)

The Empire Called and I Answered: The Reluctant Soldier


Exploring Military History: ANZAC Day 2017

Exploring Military History: ANZAC Day 2017 Part 2

Fairfield City Library Local Studies: Lest we forget

Family History Across the Seas: A family ANZAC: Pte Hugh Moran (Part I)

Family History Across the Seas: A family ANZAC: Pte Hugh Moran Part II





Killion and Nott Family History: A broken promise

Little Wandering Wren: ANZAC Day: Lest we forget.

Lois Willis – Genealogy and Family HistoryWilliam Claude Whimpey


Lost Medals Australia: An ANZAC Day find.


L W Reid:  ANZAC Day 2017







Pastlinks: Bougainville 1945

SA Community History: ANZAC Bites


Strong Foundations: Remembering Roy

Stumbling through the Past: Review: The Anzacs by Patsy Adam-Smith

Sydney - City and Suburbs: Anzac Bridge, Anzac Memorial, Anzac Day



Wagga Wagga and District Historical Society: ANZAC DAY Wagga 1952


Blogiversary

Congratulations to James who has been blogging for 15 years

6 comments:

Lois Willis said...

I also did an Anzac day post about my grandfather's brother who died in World War 1.

https://loiswillis.blog/2017/04/25/william-claude-whimpey/

GeniAus said...

Thanks Lois - will add when I get back to my computer.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Thanks Jill. Far more than I realised.

Fiona Tellesson said...

WOW...thank you Jill. I didn't realise so many ANZAC blogs...I will go and read those that I've missed. It has become a tradition for me now...I need to find some more Gallipoli stories to share. LEST WE FORGET.

Alex Daw said...

Wow - look at all those links...fantastic stuff....so inspiring...now I feel awful I didn't do anything this year but so happy others remembered and were more organised.

Crissouli said...

Thanks for the mention, Jill..way behind in reading at the moment, so have just seen this. Thankfully, I have read most of those mentioned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...