Friday, April 14, 2017

Unputdownable

Last night I was dog-tired but thought I'd read a few pages of Nathan Dylan Goodwin's latest novella,

The Missing Man: A Morton Farrier novellabefore retiring. Well that was the end of my early night.


The book was unputdownable, I just had to keep on reading right up to the last page. I don't know if Nathan has excelled himself with this latest adventure of Morton Farrier or, now that I have read all the previous stories, I am so familiar with the characters that they are like old friends and I have to keep up with their latest exploits but this story drew me in, I just couldn't put it down.

As with his other books I think that Nathan needs a bit of assistance to develop more attractive covers and layouts but one shouldn't judge ta his book by its cover.

In this tale we join Morton and his now wife, Juliette, on their honeymoon in Cape Cod. As well as honeymooning with the ever patient Juliette Nathan takes the opportunity to try and track down his American biological father. As we join Morton on this journey we learn about US research and repositories and are with Morton when he meets various members of his extended family. 

The characters in this story are believable and the mix of dialogue and prose seems to work well. Nathan's writing has developed and improved in this work.

I would recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a good mystery.  Thanks Nathan for producing such a beaut story and for providing me with a review copy. I hope that there is another Morton Farrier story coming out soon.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the book it is available for Kindle and Paperback in the US from Amazon and from here in the UK. We folk downunder can find the Kindle version on Amazon.com.au here.

2 comments:

jennyalogy said...

I had the same problem. Good, wasn't it. Now I have the latest Dr Ruth Galloway novel (by Elly Griffiths) to read. Let's hope I get some sleep tonight!

Hilary Gadsby said...

I read this soon after it was published. I have read all his books and find they are must reads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...