Friday, April 3, 2015

Better Late then Never

This post first appeared on The Worldwide Genealogy blog on 3 April 2015.

Dear Teacher,
I am sorry that I am late with my post this month but I have a good excuse reason.

I have been very busy playing learning with more than 500 of my friends at a party educational activity called "The 14th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry" that was held in Canberra Australia from 26-30 March 2015 . My friends and I just call it Congress.

You may even know some of my Geneablogger friends in this photo below:



GeniAus (Blue shirt right front) and Geneabloggers at Congress

We learnt lots at Congress and also got to visit The Australian War Memorial and Australia's Parliament House. Because I am a good student I went early and spent time working in the National Library of Australia. Some people like Roger Kershaw, David Holman and Simon Fowler came all the way from England and David Rencher, Paul Milner and Colleen Fitzpatrick came from America to share in the fun learning.

I even had to talk to the group twice and that was rather scary. My friend Michelle took this photo of me talking.



GeniAus on Blogging

If you want to see what my friends learnt at Congress you can take a look at this page and see that I have a really good excuse for being late.

It was such good fun that I am going to the next Congress in Sydney in 2018. It would be a good idea for everyone to have an excursion to Sydney for this event as they will learn heaps and have fun too. (http://www.congress2018.org.au/)


Yours Faithfully,
GeniAus
.
PS That link is http://geniaus.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/geneabloggers-at-congress-reflections.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...