Friday, October 24, 2014

GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 24 October 2014

This fifth week of GAGs has netted me a bumper list of posts so I have had trouble making my selections. I am pleased to hear that my list is directing my readers to new blogs.

I thank my genimate in San Diego,  Randy Seaver, for adding my links to his weekly "Best of the Geneablogs", I am sure that your readers will enjoy some of the offerings I highlight from genies downunder.

As previously stated the selections here are subject to my personal biases (
 I favour posts that contain original material) and I make no apology for that. 



Presenting in no particular order some selections from my RSS feeds this week: 

1. No doubt the title of this post from Chris Paton which mentions Aussie research drew many people to his blog this week. BTW this is one foreign blog all Aussies should read.


2. Did I mention that all posts here won't be about family history? I love words and grew up on bikkies so this post from ozwords.struck a chord

3. As with Love and Marriage you can't have one without the other. Read Kate Cole's guest post on Pauleen's blog to see what I'm talking about. I think Pauleeen may be speaking on that topic at Congress 2015.
cassmob.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/guest-post-kate-cole-on-local-and-family-history/

4. I love Eliot's quirky sense of humour. Will you be taking up his challenge?

http://northsydneygenealogy.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/wikipedia-ancestor-challenge.html

5. Derek describes how he created a family tree poster


6. Marion's thoughts on Bonnets, burqas and bikinis.

7. Sharn writes thoughtful, well researched posts. Her topic for this post is witnesses

8. This lady is from Victoria, I don't know her name but I enjoy her posts. I love books so the title of this post and the second image grabbed my attention.

9. If your ancestors trod the boards  this information from the State Library of Victoria might be useful

10. A reader's comment on Alex's post said "mesmerising post" and it is.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jill, I'm chuffed that you have put me on your list. Cheers

Unknown said...

Thanks for including my post Jill!

GeniAus said...

Derek and Eliot, Thrilled to be able to include two relatively new male geneabloggers.

Sharn White said...

Thankyou Jill, for including my post in your list! I'm honoured.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...