Thursday, September 12, 2013

Will I take the beads?

Blogger Beads
The countdown is on, it's just seven more sleeps till I pack my gadgets and a few clothes and set off down the motorway to a nation's capital, Canberra.

I haven't blogged as much about the 29th Annual Conference of the NSW & ACT Association of Family History Societies as I did about last year's conference. Perhaps it is because, as a workshop presenter and a helper on the Gould Genealogy table in 2012,  I felt more involved with the conference.

Now that it is just a week away I am getting rather excited about the event, especially the opportunity it presents to catch up with my geneablogging friends. I just heard today that Shauna Hicks and Helen Smith will be travelling down from Queensland, I know that Jenny Joyce and Jackie van Bergen from the Ku-ring-gai Historical Society will be there, so too will Michelle Nichols from the Hawkesbury Family History Group.

I'm wondering how many other Geneabloggers are attending the conference. Should I bring along my bag of blogger beads? Will you wear them? Can we make a time for a group photo?

I also communicated with the Conference Organisers via Facebook and, with input from Shauna Hicks, agreed on a hashtag for the conference. If you intend tweeting about the conference please use the hashtag #NSWACT13.

Please let me know if you are going to be at the conference so that we can organise a time for a Geneabloggers' get together.

2 comments:

Shelley Crawford said...

Well look at that, I really have put myself out of the loop, haven't I! A big genealogy event in Canberra and i didn't have a clue. I see registration has closed but I might be able to get along to the family fair bit on Friday at some point.

GeniAus said...

Shelley, I hope you make it on the Friday. I'd love to meet you - have missed your blog posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...