Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I am a procrastinator - The Book of Me - Prompt 1

I am participating in Julie Goucher's activity "The Book of Me, Written by You."

The prompt for week 1 is a recognized psychology test: Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?” Each time you should give yourself a different answer, and if you can easily go beyond 20 entries then that is fine too. This prompt is about how YOU see YOU.

Unlike others who were able to compose their posts promptly I have taken days to reflect on mine (I am a thinker who always likes to ponder for a while) . I am a procrastinator so I also took a few days to decide whether I should share my answers because I am basically shy and find it a challenge to publish a post like this. I am following the lead of those who have been open and honest (Interesting that I didn't think of these in connection with myself) and shared their lists publicly. I have also posted this to the private blog I set up for the challenge.

I have restricted myself to 20 items as I do tend to ramble on, This has forced me to think long and hard about what I see as my most dominant attributes. What I have found interesting is that each of the descriptors I have labelled myself with would be an excellent topic for a further post about me.

I am 
  • loved, happy and blessed
  • a wife, mother, grandmother and daughter - family comes first
  • a friend and confidante
  • a proud Australian
  • a lifelong learner
  • a procrastinator
  • a thinker
  • a recorder - writer, blogger, photographer
  • a diarist and listmaker
  • generous
  • funny
  • basically shy
  • physically unfit 
  • a swimmer
  • a geek
  • a traveller
  • a reader and booklover - can't have one without the other
  • a collector and hoarder - they go together don't they?
  • the family historian
  • untidy but organised
That is who I am today. Who knows what tomorrow may bring.

7 comments:

Fiona Tellesson said...

Brave too, Jill! Looking forward to the next blog :)

GeniAus said...

Or foolish, Fiona.

Sharon said...

Well Done Jill.

I am not so "brave"

Kat Mortensen said...

I like that, "life-long learner". Well, done! I'm very glad you decided to share.

Kim said...

I like the "physically unfit". High fives Sister :)

Celia Lewis said...

Aren't we complicated and wonderful beings, Jill!! Congrats - excellent writing. :)

Betty said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I have learned a little about you and appreciate that you were brave and kind enough to share with us.
Thank you for your always welcome comments on my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...