Monday, November 2, 2015

Joining the J Team

There's nothing like being ready ahead of time and I'm ready for Saturday.

I was thrilled when I was approached by Heather Garnsey from The Society of Australian Genealogists to join a panel for their first virtual  "Lost In weekend : how to do your Family History in 2015" that will be held on Saturday and Sunday 7 and 8 November. Being part of this event which I think is the first online conference orgainsed by a genealogy society in Australia is so exciting. Events like this that allow distant members to connect with presenters in other locations should be a part of all major society education programs.

A healthy number of genies have registered for the event which is open to members and the public - if you have been considering attending it would be wise to register now as there is a ceiling on  the number of registrations. You can view the program and register at the SAG website.

I will be appearing between 1:30 and 2:30 pm on Saturday in What’s the best organising system? – Panel discussion: described thus "Family history research generates a lot of documents, photos and certificates. A panel of researchers discuss how they organise all their stuff, to help you choose a system that works for you."
My Presentation for Saturday
I heard today that I will be joined by fellow SAG members Jennie Fairs and Judy Keena - perhaps we can call ourselves The J Team. My greatest challenge is that we are each to speak for only 8-10 minutes and then answer questions from attendees. I think I'm going to be speaking very fast.

I hope some of you will join me on Saturday.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...