Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Getting Conference Ready - Pills and Potions

As well as having travel insurance I travel with another form of insurance in my luggage.

Before I set off on an overseas jaunt I pay a visit to my GP and pharmacy to stock up on my favourite medications. This applies for even short trips like my forthcoming Rootstech adventure.

Once I mislaid one of my regular medications while on holiday in Canada, it was lucky that I was staying with a family member who was a doctor otherwise I would have been in trouble. Since then I have always travelled with my prescriptions that I can get made up in an international pharmacy in a big city. In addition I have saved to my smartphone and Evernote a printout of my medications list from my GP.
Getting my pills and potions ready for Rootstech
I am usually quite healthy at hoome but sometimes succumb to foreign bugs which lead to chest infections. My GP gives me scripts for antibiotics and the cortisone tablets I need to recover from these episodes, I am always pleased if these meet the expiry dates before I need to use them. Luckily I had them on my last US trip or I would have arrived home very, very sick instead of very sick. I also get a script for sleeping pills, I take these on long plane journeys and they help me get a few hours sleep.

Visiting pharmacies and drugstores in the UK and US has taught me that many popular items that one can buy over the counter in Australia need a prescription in these countries. So if you may need a specific painkiller, anti-fungal cream, diarrhoea medication, cough supressant or anything containing codeine make sure you take it with you in your Emergency Kit.

2 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

When you get down to the nitty gritty there's so much to think about when travelling. I also have a letter from my Dr setting out my medications having been in some places recently that might argue the toss.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

When you get down to the nitty gritty there's so much to think about when travelling. I also have a letter from my Dr setting out my medications having been in some places recently that might argue the toss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...