Sunday, December 4, 2011

Noeline Kyle at Hawkesbury FHG

I have been a regular visitor to the meetings of the Hawkesbury Family History Group this year and have enjoyed the varied program of talks organised by Michelle Nichols.


Michelle just posted this reminder on the [AUS-GEN-EVENTS] elist. I am sorry I won't be around to hear Noeline speak at Hawkesbury this month as I enjoyed her sessions at Mosman earlier this year. It would be well worth the trip to Windsor to hear Neoline speak. There is parking available in the carpark under the library.


"The next Hawkesbury Family History Group meeting is Wednesday 14 December & the topic is 'Remembering, Recording & Writing Your Family Stories' with historian/author Dr Noeline Kyle


Would you like to write a family story that others will want to read, which is clearly set out, authentic & easy to read. Would you like to learn how to utilise strategies to begin organising your text into a credible, readable & appealing family story? 


Anyone interested is welcome to attend, no need to book just come along - it's free and starts at 10am at Hawkesbury Library, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street, Windsor. This will be the final meeting for the group for 2011 and the next meeting will be held 8 February 2012."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest son and his beautiful Lisa gifted me Dr Noeline Kyle's book "Writing Famiy History Made Very Easy", Christmas 2011.
On the fly leaf is written "Dear Mum, No pressure! Just another way to enjoy what you love. Love Chad & Lisa xxx Christmas 2011"
Was just what I needed to give me the confidence to begin writing the family stories, building in my brain. Four weeks later, on Australia Day 2012, I began my blog and love every minute of it. She is most inspirational and I too highly recommend her books & workshops.

GeniAus said...

Caitele,

You've certainly made good use of Noeline's book.

I am enjoying your blog posts. Keep up the good work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...