I have been an enthusiastic member of this online genealogy society since its inception in April 2018. The Association was founded by Katherine R. Willson, Christine Woodcock, Terri O’Connell, Tami Mize and Lisa Alzo and now has an impressive membership list that reads like a who's who in the genealogy world.
The Virtual Genealogical Society is a global organisation for the 21st century that fulfils the needs of family historians:
The Association has announced its VGA virtual conference to be held from November 1-3, 2019!
Speakers include Judy G Russell and Blaine Bettinger from the US, Fiona Brooker from New Zealand, Ursula Krause from Germany, Audrey Collins from the UK and Helen Smith from Australia.
Australians who may be sleeping while the live sessions are broadcast will not miss out on any of the sessions. Attendees will have access to recordings & handouts for all sessions for 6 months following the event - watch any time, any place, on any device.
Closed captioning via Rev.com will be added to all sessions and made available to attendees within 7 days of the event.
Cost is reasonable at $US59 for VGA members & $US79 for non-members.
You have a chance to win a Free Registration to this event.
As the Convenor of the New South Wales Chapter of of the Association I have a FREE Registration Code to share with one of my genimates.
* This competition is open to both members and non-members of the Association
* Entries are restricted to one per person
* The prize is not redeemable for cash
* The winner will be contacted by email and subsequently announced here on the Geniaus blog
* All entries must be received by Midnight (AEST) on Sunday 15 September
* The judges decision is final
To enter the competition you must:
* 1. Share this blog post with a comment in a public post on either your Twitter account, on Facebook or in a blog post. I must be able to access and share your posts.
* 2. Using the subject line "VGA Competition" Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your social media post.