Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Facebook® Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers: Google Maps and Carnival Posts

Facebook® Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers: Google Maps and Carnival Posts

Posted using ShareThis

Thanks, Thomas, for these great instructions. You have inspired me to log on to Google Maps and play. I am finding that creating a map is quite intuitive but am experiencing a great deal of frustration because the Google site is taking ages to locate my places and add them to my map. At the moment I am favouring two maps: the first identifying the places in Australia where our ancestors have entered and left this life and in second I will identify the places where our ancestors in the British Isles were born, lived, worked and died.

If I ever get my first map completed I will post the link on Geniaus.

1 comment:

Thomas MacEntee said...

I look forward to seeing your maps!

Just an FYI: I found that I had to change the syntax of my search to locate places for the Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture.

I was using searches such as Ireland, Co. Cork and then the town name but I found better results using Town Name, County Cork, Ireland.

You might want to experiment with different configurations of search terms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...