Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Trove Tuesday - Crowds outside St Mary's

In recent weeks I have been using Trove to help me hatch, match and dispatch folk in my family tree for whom I only have year dates from vital record indexes for these events. I find Trove invaluable for confirming dates and places and providing extra details of births, weddings and deaths of  the Australian leaves on my tree.

One of the interesting articles I came across referred to the marriage of Thelma Margaret Farrell to Angus Hundy at Mudgee in 1944. Thelma shares my colourful convict ancestor, Elizabeth Phipps. While the article didn't give the Bride's full name I knew from the date of the article that it was referring to Thelma. It seems as though the wedding caused quite a stir on the streets of Mudgee, NSW.

1944 'Mainly About People', Mudgee Guardian and North-Western Representative (NSW : 1890 - 1954), 4 September, p. 2. , viewed 17 Mar 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article156240345
In case you were wanting further info on the event the following article will tell you a little more.

944 'Personal', Mudgee Guardian and North-Western Representative (NSW : 1890 - 1954), 31 August, p. 3. , viewed 17 Mar 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article156237083


1 comment:

Winston william said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...