Let's do it again!
In 2012 and 2013 I invited other family historians to take part in an Accentuate the Positive Geneameme because I felt that a lot of my geneablogging friends were too hard on themselves. Quite often they lament that haven't achieved as much as they set out to do or that they haven't blogged with the frequency they envisaged.
Yesterday I read a post from Alona Tester that mentioned those geneamemes and that prompted me to run it again. Thanks, Alona.
Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2014
I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want or just answer a few questions.
Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via email to Jillballau@gmail.com. I will, in due course post a list of links to your contributions on this blog.
Remember to accentuate the positive
Please delete the items that are not relevant to your situation.
1. An elusive ancestor I found was
2. A precious family photo I found was
3. An ancestor's grave I found was
4. An important vital record I found was
5. A newly found family member shared
6. A geneasurprise I received was
7. My 2014 blog post that I was particularly proud of was
8. My 2014 blog post that received a large number of hits or comments was
9. A new piece of software I mastered was
10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was
11. A genealogy conference/seminar/webinar from which I learnt something new was
12. I am proud of the presentation I gave at/to
13. A journal/magazine article I had published was
14. I taught a friend how to
15. A genealogy book that taught me something new was
16. A great repository/archive/library I visited was
17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was
18. It was exciting to finally meet
19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was
20. Another positive I would like to share is
Great idea, Jill. I always enjoy this geneameme. Might take a day or two to respond...
I'd better get my skates on too.
Love a geneameme, good way to start a new year! Mine will be up in a few days when I am back from hols and have access to my computer. happy New Year
Hello Jill, I thought it might be fun to participate this year: http://blackravengenealogy.blogspot.com/2014/12/2014-in-review-accentuate-positive.html Happy New Year!
Yay! Will definitely do it this week :)
Phew! Just made it in 2014 (UK time). Here you go: http://rebelhand.wordpress.com/2014/12/31/accentuate-the-positive-2014-2/
Happy New Year!
What a great year it has been Jill. Thanks for giving us this opportunity to reflect.
Thanks Jill for the challenge. Here is the link to mine http://www.shaunahicks.com.au/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2014/
Thanks all, I will publish a collation of responses after the weekend.
Love doing this, Jill - great way to end a good year, and start a new one! My contribution: http://blog.iwikiwi.com/2015/01/my-genealogy-year-2014-accentuate-the-positive/
Hi Jill. Thanks so much for this geneameme - I really enjoyed reflecting back on all those positives. My link is http://campaspegenealogy.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/accentuate-positive-geneameme-2014.html
Hi Jill, great idea!! I just posted mine to my blog at http://shannonmthomas.blogspot.com/2015/01/accentuate-positive-2014-geneameme.html
I missed last year but picked it up again this year. Here are my positives! http://mymaineancestry.blogspot.com/2015/01/2014-accentuate-positive.html
Here's my response Jill. https://cassmob.wordpress.com/2015/01/03/accentuate-the-positive-2014/
Here is my effort http://thehistoryinterpreter.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2014/ thanks for the suggestion
Hi Jill, I thought I had posted mine but scanned the comments and cannot see it. So here goes:
Thanks for the prompt... It helped me see there was some progress. ;-) Here is my blog post.
Hi Jill, I'm late to the party and I haven't quite followed the dress code... can I still come in?!
Post a Comment