Let's do it again!
In 2012 and 2013 I invited other family historians to take part in an Accentuate the Positive Geneameme because I felt that a lot of my geneablogging friends were too hard on themselves. Quite often they lament that haven't achieved as much as they set out to do or that they haven't blogged with the frequency they envisaged.
Yesterday I read a post from Alona Tester that mentioned those geneamemes and that prompted me to run it again. Thanks, Alona.
Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2014
I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want or just answer a few questions.
Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via email to Jillballau@gmail.com. I will, in due course post a list of links to your contributions on this blog.
Remember to accentuate the positive
Please delete the items that are not relevant to your situation.
1. An elusive ancestor I found was
2. A precious family photo I found was
3. An ancestor's grave I found was
4. An important vital record I found was
5. A newly found family member shared
6. A geneasurprise I received was
7. My 2014 blog post that I was particularly proud of was
8. My 2014 blog post that received a large number of hits or comments was
9. A new piece of software I mastered was
10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was
11. A genealogy conference/seminar/webinar from which I learnt something new was
12. I am proud of the presentation I gave at/to
13. A journal/magazine article I had published was
14. I taught a friend how to
15. A genealogy book that taught me something new was
16. A great repository/archive/library I visited was
17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was
18. It was exciting to finally meet
19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was
20. Another positive I would like to share is