Friday, October 25, 2013

Free Irish Lectures at The State Library of NSW

The State Library of NSW website asks:

"Do you have Irish Ancestry? Join us for an introduction to resources for tracing your Irish roots including eresources, books and original materials. We will have some of this material on display. At the end of workshop we will take you on a tour of the family history area and the Mitchell Library."

I am over 50% Irish and am surrounded by a maze of Brickwalls. I need all the help I can get so I have booked in for one of the free workshops supported by the Consulate General of Ireland in Sydney to be held at the Library.

Everyone who attends a workshop will be entered into a draw to win a copy of the Atlas of the Great Irish Famine, kindly donated by the Consulate General of Ireland.

Places are still available with the first workshop being held this afternoon. For further details and to reserve your spot go to: http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/events/series/tracing_irish_ancestry.html.

The send an email with your details to the address given.  Maybe I'll see you on November 4th.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I've booked in for Nov 4th as one of my "yay semester is over" celebratory genealogy event attendance :)

GeniAus said...

Just realised I made a booboo - I'm going on the 4th - see you there Sharon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...