Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Uncle Jack Charles

I finally caught up with last week's episode of Who do you think you are that featured Jack Charles

I thought that I recognised Jack and, as the program progressed, I realised that last year I had read a book about him. It wasn't the best book I have read and wasn't particularly well written but it certainly gives the reader an understanding of this man and his struggles. There have been many dark periods in Jack's journey.

I found the episode most touching and engaging and wonder if my interest was more intense because I knew more about Jack's personal history.

Should you wish to read "Jack Charles : born again blackfella"  you can find the details here:   https://www.penguin.com.au/books/jack-charles-9781760899158

A search in the Books & Libraries category on Trove indicates that there are copies available for loan in 200 Australian libraries  https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/236741439?keyword=9781760899158. It is available in paperback, audio and eBook formats.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...