Friday, December 8, 2023

Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2023

Back in 2012 when geneablogging was more popular than it appears to be today I threw out a challenge to fellow genies. I have continued this tradition each year.

I wrote "I feel that a lot of my geneablogging friends are too hard on themselves; several have reported on their successes this year but quite a number have lamented that they haven't achieved as much as they set out to do or that they haven't blogged with the frequency they envisaged.".

In the meme I ask respondents to Accentuate the Positives of the current geneayear by responding to some prompts. Over the years a generous group of genies has responded to these geneamemes with entertaining and enlightening posts. 

Two regulars have already asked if there will be a 2023 edition. How could I not go ahead after that interest?  Here goes:



I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions, several of which are new, in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want and complete as many statements as you wish. If you wish to take part and don't have a blog please email me your responses and I will post them here on the GeniAus blog.

Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via email to jillballau@gmail.com. I will sometime in mid-January, share a list of links to your responses right here on the GeniAus blog.


Remember to Accentuate the Positive 
(Please delete the items that are not relevant to your situation.)

1. 
On revisiting some old research I found ...

2. In 2023 I hooked up with a new (to me) living cousin ...

3. I'm pleased I replaced a tool I had been using with  ...

4. My sledge hammer did great work on this brick wall ...

5. I was pleased that I finally read ... ...

6. I enjoyed my geneajourney to ...

7. In 2022 I finally met ...

8. I was the recipient of genearosity from ...

9.  I am pleased that I am a member of ...

10. I made a new DNA discovery  ...

11.  An informative  journal or newspaper article I found was ...

12.  A newspaper archive (Trove?) helped me ...

13.  I enjoyed my wander around ... cemetery

14. AI was a mystery to me but I learnt  ...

15. The best value I got for my genealogy dollars was ... 

16.  It felt good to contribute to  ...

17. It was wonderful to catch up with genimates ...

18. I wouldn't be without this technology ...

19. 
I wrote ...

 19. I got a thrill from opening someone's eyes to the joy of genealogy ...

20. Another positive I would like to share is ...

Please share this invitation far and wide in your social media channels.

2 comments:

Jennifer Jones said...

As you know, I love a geneame. Looking forward to reading about your year. Here's my contribution.
https://jonesfamilyhistory.wordpress.com/2023/12/09/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2023/

Anne Young said...

Thank you for the prompts - my response: https://anneyoungau.wordpress.com/2023/12/15/2023-progress-on-my-family-history/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...