Tuesday, April 14, 2009

School Reunions and Celebrations

Reading this post "Crowds honour schools' amazing records" in the Daily Mercury from Mackay Queensland reminded me of the value of attending school reunions - not just one's own but those occasions that celebrate centenaries and anniversaries of schools attended by ones ancestors. As the cited article shows one can find photographs and records on display that give valuable information about our ancestors.

I need to watch out for celebrations in my parents' old schools. I don't think that my grandparents were all lucky enough to receive formal education.

I notice that on 1-3 May Molong Central School in NSW is celebrating its 150th Anniversary. If you have ancestors from Molong it may be worth a trip.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...