Monday, May 25, 2015

You've just got to love...

...Libraries.

I love libraries and feel very comfortable within their walls.I have to admit that during my paid working life I was a Librarian at Waverley and Randwick Libraries and at half a dozen privaye schools around Sydney.
Waverley Library Staff 1967. GeniAus is centre front kneeling at the feet of the boss, Ron Lander
As a family history sleuth I have visited a number of Libraries in Australia, the UK and US trying to find clues to our ancestry. In fact I'm visiting our State Library tomorrow. Through Libraries we have found details of cousins, graves, homes, articles in newspapers and maps to help our ancestor hunting.

This week is Library and Information Week in Australia. 


How about giving a shout out to your favourite library. The hashtag for the week is #LIA15.






3 comments:

GenieJen said...

Couldn't help smiling at the short skirts. How ever did we work in them?

GeniAus said...

And we weren't allowed to wear pants suits let alone trousers.

GeniAus said...

And we weren't allowed to wear pants suits let alone trousers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...