Monday, May 11, 2015

Otherwise engaged

I haven't posted on this blog for a couple of days but I have been a busy little Geneabee.

With an upcoming presentation to a local Probus Genealogy group this week I decided that my Google Search talk was a bit tired so I gave it a major makeover and I am rather pleased with the result. I usually update this talk with local examples before delivering it (and that takes a couple of hours) but it has taken me considerably more time to rejig the whole thing.

Of course Mother's Day Week was busy. Instead of hosting the family for a meal on Mother's Day we celebrated with Mum and each family in turn and that took some time but it was nice to share a meal with each of three families and have time to chat. Celebrations started on Thursday with a Mothers' Week event at a grandchild's preschool and will conclude when we catch up with our out of town daughter and family next weekend. Our wedding anniversary was wedged in there too and of course we had to celebrate our stayer status.

My family history database is still getting a going over. I have carried out first aid on several hundred more records but I have a lot of cleaning up to do. I try to devote  time to this exercise each day. I must upload the changes to my GeniAus Family site this week as it's a few weeks since I have done so.

The CurryAus Blog
I have blogged today but it has been over at the Geneadictionary and at my CurryAus blog. Do pop over and visit them sometime. CurryAus is the surname study I am working on very slowly; I use the blog to record my progress. I find it useful to record what I am doing and feel that by sharing my journey I may help others.

The Geneadictionary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...