Wednesday, May 13, 2015

347 improvements

Last night I uploaded an updated gedcom file to my family databaase at www.geniaus.net.

Since I reported on my last upload  I have made changes to 347 records in my database. I have been slowly revisiting the oldest records in my Family Historian database as it is easy to sort by "Last updated". There were many that were last updated on 14/8/2010 when I imported my gedcom into Family Historian. I am pleased to report that I have dealt with most of those that were direct relations of miine. I haven't bothered with husbands and wives of  distant cousins. I am happy to just have marriage records for them.

I am the Root Person in my database. The diagram below  (a sample from the Family Historian spreadhseet like view) shows that most of the people last updated on 14/8/2010 are either not related to me (blank) or are the spouses of our cousins. 


I'm rather proud of my cleanup efforts so far. Once I have covered some later dates in the "Last updated" column I will move on to seeking more information on my direct line.  It is taking quite some effort to stick to my Revisiting, Reviewing and Revising as I am fond of tangential genealogy.

2 comments:

Alona Tester said...

Congrats of your efforts Jill. I know I need to do this with my tree too. But it's not going to happen just yet.

GeniAus said...

You've got more time than me to get your stuff sorted Alona.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...