Tuesday, May 19, 2015

When an ebook is better...

As we prepare for our next holiday which includes a tour to The Western Front I thought that Mr GeniAus and I should do some background reading.

My son kindly offered to lend us his copy of the prizewinning book  "The Great War" by Les Carlyon which he says that although it's over 1,000 pages  it's an easy read. On the weekend he delivered this together with another 900 page tome for us to read. A strapping young lad like my son might be able to read these heavyweights with ease but his poor old Mum tried to bond with Les in bed the other night and I just wasn't up to the challenge.

The Great War is just too heavy for an old girl who snuggles up under the covers to read at night. Although I prefer 'real' paper books I thought that this was a case where an ebook would be better so I popped into the Playstore and bought myself a copy.

I am pleased to report that the book is now accessible from my phone and tablet  and that I have made a good start on reading it. Mr GeniAus who is stronger than I can have the printed copy all to himself.

2 comments:

Kerryn Taylor said...

I read "The Great War" several years ago and it IS a great book both in size and content.

GeniAus said...

Kerryn, Pleased you enjoyed it.I'm finding that it is taking longer to read than some other books but should have it finished by the time we do our tour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...