Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jindalee Queensland

A few months ago I hadn't heard of Jindalee in Queensland but, as it is the venue for the Unlock the Past Queensland Expo, the word Jindalee has entered my vocabulary.

As I was reading my RSS feed this evening I came across a post from The John Oxley Library in Queensland that commenced:

"The Brisbane suburb of Jindalee was predominantly developed from land originally owned by the Sinnamon family, who were early settlers and pioneers.  Subsequently, with the spread of Brisbane’s suburbs and the need for residential land, this area became part of the large Centenary Estates Development from which six new suburbs were developed." Read the rest of the post here: http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/jol/2012/06/18/queensland-place-histories-jindalee-brisbane/

Whether this was by co-incidence or design ( as a librarian from the State Library of Queensland is on the program for the Expo) I appreciated the information in the John Oxley post as I now have some knowledge about the area I will be visiting next week. 

From http://maps.google.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...