Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fair Business in Nowra

A dinner at A Wing and a Pear Cafe in Nowra with local society members, exhibitors and visitors to the  Shoalhaven Family, Local & Cultural History Fair was a fabulous way to finish off the first day of the Fair. Gratified after a three course meal I made my way back to the Parkhaven Motor Lodge that I had chosen on the strength of TripAdvisor reviews. It was a great little motel with newly refurbished rooms, a comfy bed and large bath towels (better than those in some 5 star hotels I have stayed in).

Refreshed and satisfied I was ready for my second day at the Fair. The photos that follow show some of the people and things I found at the fair.

Heather Garnsey from SAG ready for action before opening time
Another earlybird was Christine Yeats from NSW State Records


My favourite genealogy mag, Inside History 
My little corner where I showed off the Flip-Pal scanner
Eye Candy - I spent two days sitting beside a Camellia Display from a Local group

Brad Argent from Ancestry was dishing out advice

Unlock the Past publications
It was great to meet some under 60s at the Fair (they were a reare sight)
We need more enthusiastic genealogists like this young Mum, I loved chatting with her
After eyeing off the Raffle Prizes for two days I managed to win one




3 comments:

Alona Tester said...

Great photos (including those from the day before), and for the rundown of the happenings. It's always great to hear what's happening at an event. And great job demo-ing the Flip-Pal scanners. :)

Joan said...

Nice pictures and post. Really enjoyed your enthusiasm.

Inside History magazine said...

Nice photos, see you in Brisbane next week for the QLD expo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...