Friday, June 3, 2011

+1

Thanks to Joan at Luxegen for pointing out the new Google +1 button and indicating where it is on her website.

It's something new so, of course, I just had to add it to my blogs. I went to the link Joan had given, took a look and then decided to find more full instructions for a dummy like me. I found a a great set of instructions for adding the button to a Blogger blog at Cool Tricks n Tips right here.

I set to adding the button as per the instructions only to find the button was already on my blog but it was hidden away right at the bottom of each post.  Of course I want my readers to click on that button if they enjoy a post of mine so back I went to the Edit Page Elements Page for my blog and moved the set of sharing buttons to a more prominent position.  I don't know what I have done but that pesky sharing button doesn't appear to have moved.

As Joan said "If you’re logged into your Google account, try it out on my site". You'll find the +1 button at the bottom of each post.

2 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Thanks for clarifying Joan's post. I did it and it works great! This is a pretty interesting little application!

Julie Goucher said...

I noticed that had been atomically added to my blog. Thanks for posting the details, am off to have a read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...