Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Trove Tuesday - Farm Cove

In a couple of weeks I am going to the movies. The setting for the St George Open Air Cinema on the shores of Farm Cove in Sydney Harbour is stunning. While waiting for the movie to begin we sit and sip on mineral water and drink in the view of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.

As the Cinema season opens today I thought I would look for an image of Farm Cove on Trove. One image I found from The National Gallery of Australia appears to have no copyright restrictions so I am sharing it here.

The view I see from the cinema site today is so different from what was painted in 1891.

Sydney Harbour from Farm Cove February 2011

1 comment:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Great photo comparison! little did those early settlers imagine how it would look today.....probably as strange as their first sighting of this new land.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...