Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lesley Uebel

A note just came through on the  AUS-NSW-HILLS-HAWKESBURY-HUNTER-VALLEY Mailing List  from Coralie Hird:

"It is with great sadness that I have to inform the list that our beloved
Lesley Uebel passed away peacefully on Monday evening the 20th of January.

Lesley was not alone on her final voyage and she has sailed away with a full
pardon and is now a free settler in the bosom of her family and friends."


Those of us with Convict Ancestry will remember Lesley for the wonderful work she did on the Claim a Convict site which enabled us to connect with other descendants of our miscreants. The site which has now been archived but I believe that the site will be relaunched on Australia Day.

Michelle Nichols has taken over the administrative role for two Rootsweb lists that Lesley looked after.

Condolences to Lesley's husband, Colin, and family at this difficult time.

2 comments:

Crissouli said...

Jill, just read your post re Lesley Uebel's passing.

I am so sad to hear this. Lesley was a great help to me when I was first discovering my convict links.
My sympathies to Colin and her loved ones.

patientgenie said...

Thanks for passing on this sad news. I was fortunate to find Lesley's mailing list early in my researching on the net, so gained a huge amount of knowledge and information due to her tireless dedicated work. Met so many newly found relatives who were also researching, attending those great Hawkesbury get togethers. She will be missed by many, but her work lives on and will benefit those who come after us looking to see if they too, are part of Australian Royalty... Vale Lesley. :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...