Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rootstech News - International Panel: Genealogy 2.0

My friend, Joan Miller of the Luxegen Blog, has indicated that she is taking a healing hiatus from genealogy to concentrate on recovering from an illness. I am saddened to hear of her illness and wish her well as she travels the road to recovery.

Since meeting Joan at Rootstech last year I have kept in constant contact with her via email and social media and was looking forward to co-presenting with her at Rootstech 2012. Unfortunately Joan, who coined the term Genealogy 2.0 for our presentation, will not be able to join Amy Coffin, Audrey Collins and me for the presentation. I thank you,  Joan, for all of your assistance with preparation for the gig, we are most indebted to you.

It was an easy task for us to decide on another foreigner to invite to take Joan's place on our panel. We four agreed that another Canadian and an Official Rootstech Blogger, Lorine McGinnis-Schulze, would be the perfect candidate.

We were thrilled and relieved when Lorine graciously accepted our invitation. We welcome Lorine to our panel and look forward to getting together at the Salt Palace for our presentation in Room 225B at 11:00 am on Friday February 3rd.

4 comments:

Lisa Alzo said...

Fantastic panel. I'm looking forward to being in the audience!

Anne said...

Good luck with your presentation, and have a great time on your trip.

Becky Thompson said...

I was going to choose my classes today---I'll definitely be in this one! Thank you for the great post!

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

While I am sad that Joan cannot participate I am honoured that you chose me to fill in for her.

Thank you for inviting me and allowing me to be part of this wonderful idea the four of you developed!

See you at Rootstech!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...