Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Bucket List Geneameme - Laura's contribution

I was thrilled when I opened my email this mroning and found that someone had taken up my offer to post responses to this lates meme.

Thanks for your contribution, Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana Consulting Archivist/Genealogist

The Bucket List GeneaMeme

The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type

You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item 
  1. The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is...NGS in Cincinnati 2012
  2. The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is...Judy G. Russell 
  3. The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is...Caroline Pointer
  4. The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is...Elizabeth Shown Mills
  5. The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is....An Archivist's Notebook For Preserving Your Family's History: a look at Archiving, Preservation, Conservation and Estate Planning for Genealogists
  6. I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits....New Orleans to Brazil...want to retrace some of my ancestors possible route
  7. The photo I would most like to find is...of Randolph Richards and Laura Louisa Greene Richards (he's my brick wall and I'm named after her)
  8. The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is...a toss up between Het Utrecht Archief and local repositories in/near Saarguemines, Alsace-Lorraine, France
  9. The place of worship I would most like to visit is...the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey
  10. The cemetery I would most like to visit is ......where my ancestors are buried in France/Germany (unknown location as of 1/25/2012)
  11. The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is......Saarguemines and/or Bliesbruck in Alsace Lorraine Moselle France
  12. The brick wall I most want to smash is...my Brazil connection...proof of when they left and how they got to the US
  13. The piece of software I most want to buy is....
  14. The tech toy I want to purchase next is .....a 4G phone
  15. The expensive book I would most like to buy is...
  16. The library I would most want to visit is...the Library of Congress
  17. The genealogy related book I would most like to write is....tells the story of my Wersel family 
  18. The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about....(I already did!) About my genealogical journey
  19. The journal article I would most like to write would be about...
  20. The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is....Nicolaas Jan Francois Wersel 

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow! I'm simply blown away, Laura! I SO want to meet you too. And we're gonna have to figure out how to make that happen. Seriously.

And? Thank you. I'm honored.

~Caroline

Anonymous said...

Bought for myself last week, Xerox -canon mf 4430, cartridge ran out and what to do now ?
I called in different organizations , they said they could not help , we should only buy a new cartridge !
Only found here - [url=http://www.filpan.ru] refill cartridge canon mf 4430[/url].
They can buy the cartridge canon mf 4430 factory quality !
I bought a cartridge canon mf 4430, Quality is very happy !

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Sounds like you have a very interesting family history.

Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana said...

I've been so busy I didn't realize this had been posted! And Caroline, you KNOW we'll figure out a way to meet in person...I just love your no nonsense approach to things! You write about things I'm interested in, in a way that's fun and fascinating.

Pauleen, I'm lucky to have some great roots both here in the States (since 1620) and abroad (my paternal grandfather was from England of Irish descent). There's a lot to be uncovered, and since I'm the last on my branch, I feel a responsibility to codify it before I'm gone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...