Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Bucket List GeneaMeme

Photo from  TechRaga's Gallery   

As I sit here contemplating my trip to Salt Lake City for the Rootstech conference next week I am wondering what sort of things are on other genealogists' Bucket Lists. A trip to the Family History Library had been on my bucket list until last year


I invite all genealogists and family history freaks to join me by sharing your bucket list of events, places, people and resources you would most like to experience before you leave this mortal earth. If you don't have a blog and wish to participate you can send your responses to me in an email and I will pop them into a blog post on the Geniaus blog. Please let me know when you participate by a comment on this post or by email and I'll collate a list of responses on this blog. 

 
It would be appreciated if genealogists would let the meme run its course before copying and republishing it with alterations and amendments.

The Bucket List GeneaMeme

The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type

You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item 


  1. The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is...
  2. The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is...
  3. The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is...
  4. The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is...
  5. The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is....
  6. I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits....
  7. The photo I would most like to find is...
  8. The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is...
  9. The place of worship I would most like to visit is...
  10. The cemetery I would most like to visit is ......
  11. The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is......
  12. The brick wall I most want to smash is...
  13. The piece of software I most want to buy is....
  14. The tech toy I want to purchase next is .....
  15. The expensive book I would most like to buy is...
  16. The library I would most like to visit is.....
  17. The genealogy related book I would most like to write is....
  18. The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about....
  19. The journal article I would most like to write would be about...
  20. The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is....

Is there anything else on your Genealogy Bucket List?

5 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Jill, is it okay to add extras beyond #20? Sounds like fun..something to ponder.

GeniAus said...

Pauleen That's why I added the question at the bottom - I hoped people might add any extra bits there. Long essays most welcome.

Sorry it's not clear.

The Brigham City Fort said...

I am new to all this. Am experimenting with a blog right now. i have plenty to write about but at times feel technologically challenged. I would like to answer some of the questions on the bucket list and post it to my blog. I'm going to roots tech next week.

Donna - What's Past is Prologue said...

Thanks, that was fun. Here's my post.

Maine Genealogical Society said...

I would like permission to post "The Bucket List" with credit to your blog on the Maine Genealogical Society blog located at http://mainegenealogical.blogspot.com/.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...