Friday, September 24, 2010

SecondSite

In my FollowFriday blog post today I commented "It is disappointing that SecondSite does not appear to give the user an option to search by date, place or name. It could be because the user has selected to disable these options that may be available."

I have been thinking about this today and decided to investigate further by finding another Australian site using SecondSite software. I took a look at Carole's Family and have discovered that SecondSite allows not only for a Place index but also provides a calendar. Hopefully as her site develops Audrey will enable more of the features of this software on her site.

My lesson from today is "Don't judge a product by the way it is used". I look forward in coming weeks to following other sites that utilise SecondSite and discovering how they have used this package.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...