Monday, February 13, 2017

Hoarse and Happy

Sunday 12 February 2017, Salt Lake City.

Rootstech is a health hazard. By the end of the week of Rootstech activities in Salt Lake City I find my voice becomes huskier as I do so much talking. The dry atmosphere in Salt Lake City causes my nose to bleed, the cold wind makes my eyes water and the elevation (for this person who lives at sea level) causes me to huff and puff up small inclines.....but I can live with those small inconveniences.

Rootstech provides me with an opportunity to get out of my geneacave and meet old and new friends in the flesh, One of my favourite activities during the conference is one of the Ambassador perks. We Ambassadors are given an opportunity to interview fellow Rootstechies in a professionally staffed fishbowl of a video studio in the Media Hub in the Expo Hall at the event.  Although we are initially only given two slots we can sometimes wangle more. I was thrilled to be able to interview seven people (including a couple of big fish) in the studio.

Some of the staff at work in the Fishbowl
I have already posted five of my interviews to my Youtube Channel and will follow up with my interviews with Bernhard Doppelganger and Dirk Weissleder when the videos are processed.

Here are direct links to those already posted:

Amy Archibald, Rootstech Ambassador

Myko Clelland, FindMyPast

Diane Loosle, Director Family History Library, Salt Lake City

Steve Rockwood, CEO, Familysearch International

Ron Tanner, Product Manager, Familysearch

Interviewing Ron Tanner in the Fishbowl

7 comments:

Fiona Tellesson said...

Oh...Jill...I envy your pain...wish I could have been there too...
Thank you for your social media posts - have loved reading them!

Unknown said...

I was using artificial tears as my eyes went bone dry on day 1. too bad, we didn't make it to personally meet. I hope for next time. :)

GeniAus said...

It's a crazy week Barbara. Are you still in Salt Lake? I will be on B2 for a time tomorrow.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

You do Oz (and RT) proud with your interviews!

GeniAus said...

Blush. I am fortunate with my role as a longterm Ambassador.

Crissouli said...

Jill, I have included your blog in FRIDAY FOSSICKING .. in General Interest, Roots Tech

http://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/friday-fossicking-17th-february-2017.html

Thank you, Chris

GenieJen said...

Thanks so much for your blog posts from Rootstech, I have enjoyed following your days there. Really enjoyed your interviews too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...