Friday, January 27, 2017

Just 7 more sleeps

 As it's only 7 more sleeps until I fly to Salt Lake City for Rootstech I am revisiting my old Rootstech checklist
Two years down the track I find the list needs amending. Some items are going and others appearing. Please let me know if there's anything obvious that I've missed.

Geniaus' Rootstech Checklist

  • International return flight Australia to SLC - Booked.
  • Airport transfers in SLC - No worries - Shuttles/taxis can be organised at airport in SLC. 
  • Hotel Accommodation - Booked at the Marriott - most convenient hotel to Salt Palace and City Creek shops. 
  • Passport - Have a new one with lots of blank pages. 
  • ESTA (Visa) - Renewed.
  • Travel insurance - Renewed.
  • Conference Registration - Done.
  • Respond to invitations - Done.
  • Download the Rootstech App - Done, classes selected and friends made. If more people made their profiles public I would be able to make even more friends. 
  • Download Rootstech syllabus papers of interest - Ongoing Task. 
  • Compile list of Familysearch films to check in Family History LibraryIn progress in my Family Historian Database.
  • Make list of geneashopping to be done while in the US - Need to prune list.

  • Find out names of Aussies who are travelling to Rootstech - Have around a dozen names. No-one from Tasmania, Western Australia or the Northern Territory yet. 
  • Set a date for a casual pre-conference dinner for members of the British Commonwealth attending Rootstech - Done. Details here.

  • Aussie pins/stickers/badges to hand out -  waiting for post Australia Day sales.
  •  GeniAus Business Cards to hand out -Yes, still have supplies. 
  • GeniAus ribbons - Awaiting pickup on Salt Lake City. Thanks DearMyrtle
  • Purchase breakfast bars and healthy snacks for quick meals - have been to supermarket.
  • Start gathering up my Geneabling to wear at the event - do I really want to take this stuff? 
  • Organise my technology for the trip - That's for next week.
  • Pack my Bag - I need to know what I'm taking first. Maybe I need a packing list.
Geneabling

4 comments:

Alona Tester said...

This is areat list Jill .... and I'm pleased to say I can tick most of those off as well.

GenieJen said...

Jill and Alona wishing you a great trip to Rootstech; I'm looking forward to reading the blogs of your experience. I love the photos you post too - no pressure!

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Good to compare lists! Yes, it can be a challenge to decide what to take....eg geneabling.

Crissouli said...

I have included your blog in INTERESTING BLOGS in FRIDAY FOSSICKING at

http://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/friday-fossicking-jan-3-2017.html

Thank you, Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...