Friday, January 13, 2017

Calling Members of the Commonwealth at Rootstech

Commonwealth People - 2016 Dinner

For the past few years I have coordinated a casual dinner for people from the British Commonwealth attending Rootstech. This gathering gives us a chance to make a few friends prior to the big event. In previous years it event has taken place on the Tuesday evening prior to Rootstech. This year, however, we will have a change of day and venue as Rootstech Ambassadors have an Ambassador gig to attend on Tuesday evening.

In previous years we have had attendees from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, England, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa and Wales. I would be beaut to meet reps from Antigua or Zimbabwe or any Commonwealth country in between.

Commonwealth folk please accept this post as your invitation. 

You are invited to a casual "People from the Commonwealth" get together
 at the 
Blue Lemon55 West South Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84111 
from
 6:00pm - 9:00pm on Monday 6th February 2017. 

RSVP By email to jillballau@gmail.com or via a comment on this post

As the restaurant closes at 9:00pm please arrive in plenty of time to dine and chat. We will gather at the rear of the restaurant so we won't cause too much disturbance to other patrons. After closing time new found friends may wish to adjourn to a neighbourhood bar to continue their conversations.

Blue Lemon Location 

Cool Aussies after the 2016 Commonwealth Dinner




16 comments:

Lilian's Tree said...

I'll be there. Thanks for organising this. Lilian

Ellen T-J said...

I will be there. Thanks so much for organizing this Jill

Yvonne Demoskoff said...

Two Canucks will be there, Jill! My husband and I look forward to meeting other Commonwealth bloggers at RT!

Yvonne Demoskoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GeniAus said...

Looks like we have a party. I'll keep a list and warn the Blue Lemon to expect a foreign invasion.

Louis Kessler said...

My flight doesn't arrive in until 7:30 Monday night. Maybe I can get there by 8:30, but that would be the best I could manage.

Louis

Ruth Blair said...

Nancy and I will be there Jill! Can't wait to see you again.

GeniAus said...

Thanks Ruth. Look forward to seeing you both.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Sorry that we will be arriving too late to join the Commonwealth contingent.

Carole said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the invite. I *think* my fight gets in in time for me to join you. I look forward to see you (and finally meeting you), and fellow Commonwealthers

GeniAus said...

Fantastic Carole. Hope your flight's on time.

Unknown said...

I'd like to attend. While I'm from Colorado, I have so much family from the commonwealth and would love to hang out with you guys and celebrate my family and maybe make some research buddy connections.

Unknown said...

Would like to come but we arrive in Salt lake at 630. But going to try as it is our first time at roots tech would love to connect to others.

GeniAus said...

Do hope you can make it Dianna.

Mary Kircher Roddy said...

I've lived in Australia twice. Joined Botany Bay Family History Society. Can I come as honorary Commonwealth?

GeniAus said...

Absolutely Mary would love to see you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...