Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sepia Saturday 186 : 20 July 2013 - Fancy Dress

Time is marching on and I am a little late for Sepia Saturday but I just remembered I had some Fancy Dress pictures from my Mother's album that are most suitable for this week's theme.

My Mother, it seems, has always been prone to dressing up.

Aunty Eileen Duncan and Mum, Elsie Duncan c 1937
Mum, Elsie Duncan and friend c 1940
Mum, Elsie Duncan (3rd from left) and friends c 1947
Mum and two of my children, 1978
Mum, Elsie Duncan, with my Son and Grandson 2007.

12 comments:

Little Nell said...

Good for her! I like the 'chorus -line'!

Jackie van Bergen said...

Great photos, glad you 'got in in time'.

Kristin said...

My album is so lacking in dress up photos. My favorite is your mum with the boys.

tony said...

I Want That Hat!!!!!

Brett Payne said...

Quite a collection, thanks for sharing them.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

So Elise is now a great grandma. She'll have that baby in a costumer before you know it. She must be fun.

Alan Burnett said...

Good for your mum. I always think that everybody should be forced to dress up every now and then.

Barbara Poole said...

These were so much fun to look at. What did your sons think about dressing like that, it's a riot. Love your mother's attitude, I bet she is always smiling and making the best of everything.

The Silver Fox said...

My mom did her share of dressing up, too! Love this!

Bob Scotney said...

Will the grandson grow up to be a Wallabies fan? The supporting scarves are dressing up as ell.

Nigel Aspdin (Derby, UK) said...

I assume you have not dared mention to your kids that you have blogged that 1978 photo of them with their Granny? Oh dear, you may be in trouble !

Wendy said...

HA -- love Adam and Eve. I guess that's who they were based on the leaves and apple. But what was Mum supposed to be? Hilarious, that's for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...